Raleigh North Carolina Low-T Therapy
Hormone therapy programs aren’t only for women, Raleigh North Carolina Low-T Therapy Doctor, Jennifer Yap, D.O., has been creating customized programs to help men recapture their energy and youthful vibrance.
Hormonal imbalances are the root of many chronic health problems and can increase the risk of serious disease. Raleigh North Carolina Low-T Therapy Doctor, Jennifer Yap, D.O., strives to provide her patients with a pathway to health aging using the very best in preventative treatments available. With more and more men learning about the effects of male hormone decline and andropause (often diagnosed as hypogonadism), Natural Male Hormone Replacement Therapy is becoming an increasingly clear alternative to restoring hormone balance and getting men back to feeling like themselves again.
…Dr. Yap was very informative and answered all my questions thoroughly. I feeling more knowledgeable & excited for my wellness plan.
As men age, they experience a gradual loss of hormones, mainly testosterone. This gradual hormone decline is commonly now associated with andropause, and can make daily life feel like an uphill battle. A loss of energy, drive and a decrease in the desire for intimacy can take aging men by surprise and kill the spark in their lives.
Modern men are living longer and more active lives, and Raleigh North Carolina Low-T Therapy Doctor, Jennifer Yap, D.O., aims to help aging men find relief from the serious symptoms related to hormone decline and imbalance with natural and safe Hormone Replacement Therapy designed specifically for each man’s needs.
Common Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance in Men
- Erectile Dysfunction
The inability to get an erection at all or to maintain one long enough for a satisfying sexual experience is called erectile dysfunction. Declining levels of testosterone is often to blame for this problem; Hormone Replacement Therapy can provide the hormones needed to improve or eliminate the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Low Libido
Adequate levels of testosterone are necessary to signal receptors in the brain and prepare the body to engage in sexual intercourse. When you suddenly lose interest in sex, it is usually due to insufficient testosterone levels. Fortunately, balancing these levels with Hormone Replacement Therapy can help both low libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Weight Gain
- If you’re putting on weight despite regular exercise and a healthy diet, it could be due to deficiencies in cortisol and testosterone. Balancing your testosterone and cortisol levels with Hormone Replacement Therapy can help prevent and eliminate hormone related weight gain.
- Low testosterone levels are often a factor in fatigue, as are other problems associated with hormone imbalance like night sweats, sleep apnea, and insomnia which can all also contribute to feelings of fatigue. Fortunately, all of these conditions respond well when balancing hormones with a Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Related directly to hormonal function and also worsened by several other negative side effects of hormonal changes, insomnia is defined as the inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep long enough to feel rested. Treating the symptoms of hormone deficiency, dominance or imbalance with Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to improve sleep cycles and the quality of sleep.
- Sleep Apnea
- Low testosterone in men can contribute to sleep related conditions such as sleep apnea. Inhibited breathing and loud snoring disrupt sleep patterns as a side effect of sleep apnea. When testosterone levels are at their optimal balance it is actually easier to achieve deeper more restful sleep.
- Night Sweats
Men can experience night sweats as a result of a hormone related condition. Depending on the intensity, night sweats can be accompanied by chills, nausea, headaches or an irregular heartbeat. Maintaining optimal hormone balance with Hormone Replacement Therapy can lessen the frequency and severity of night sweats as well as many other hormone related symptoms.
- Muscle Atrophy
- As hormone levels begin to decline, a common side effect in the male body is muscle loss. Optimal testosterone levels promote healthy muscle growth and preservation, while declining or imbalanced hormones can lead to muscle atrophy.
- Hair Loss
- A typical symptom of thyroid disorders, hair loss is directly related to male hormones and can mean more than just losing the hair on the head.
- Urinary Problems
Many aging men experience urinary problems connected to hormones. Urinary incontinence relates to a loss of bladder control and is one of many urinary problems experienced as a result of hormones. Maintaining optimal hormonal balance with a Hormone Replacement Therapy can prevent many urinary problems that onset with age.
- A common side effect of andropause, depression can be caused by imbalanced or deficient hormone levels, but also can be made worse with the onset of various other andropause related symptoms. Gaining weight, feeling tired all the time and a lack of libido is enough to put any man’s mood down.
A general lack of patience or an inability to control temper and mood are sure signs of hormone related irritability in men. Although often caused by low testosterone, irritability can also be caused by estrogen dominance and worsened by environmental factors such as stress.
With a custom hormone optimization program and an individualized nutrition and exercise program, Dr. Yap offers her male patients a way to effectively alleviate the symptoms of andropause, low T, adrenal fatigue, thyroid disorders and more.
No longer do aging men have to settle for a quality of life affected by sexual dysfunction or chronic fatigue. If you are suffering from hormone related symptoms or conditions, you are not alone. Thousands of men across the country are turning to Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy for relief from their andropause and other hormonal conditions. Dr. Yap of Biofunctional Med treats patients from the surrounding Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Durham, Wake Forest, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Clayton, Chapel Hill, Wake County and Durham County, NC areas.